Estimated Book Costs: $1,500
Processing Information, Utilizing Paper and Electronic Management Systems, Scheduling, Financial Records and Proficient Interpersonal Skills
Dental office administrators play a vital role that enhances operations in the dental setting such as processing information, utilizing paper and electronic management systems, scheduling, financial records and proficient interpersonal skills. They connect clients and dentists by coordinating requests from both parties. This program combines academic study and practical applications to provide a graduate with the skills, knowledge and professionalism to manage dental office business applications, software and communications for a client-centered practice.
Job Opportunities Include
- Dental Offices
- Orthodontic Offices
- Dental Manufacturing
- Dental Laboratories
- Oral Prosthetic Processing Centers
- Insurance Companies
- Medical Group Practices
- Minimum 18 years of age - Alberta High School Diploma or equivalent
Alberta Mature Admission:
- The student must be 18 years of age; must complete an academic achievement test ie. Wonderlic with a score of 20 at minimum.
- All students must complete a successful interview with the College Program Chair or Administrative Manager.
- If ESL, the student must meet CLB level 6.0 or IELTS equivalent.
- Candidates must produce evidence of English ability or complete the Wonderlic Basic Skills Test (WBST) with a minimum of 60 % in each of the verbal and quantitative skills.
- International students must supply transcripts that are equivalent to the standard admission requirements or complete the WBST.
B.C. Mature Admission
- The student has graduated from grade 12 or equivalent (B.C. high school diploma, B.C. Adult Graduation Diploma, General Educational Development) or an equivalent secondary school completion from another jurisdiction.
- The student is 19 years of age or older before the start of classes and has demonstrated evidence at the appropriate level of literacy, numeracy, comprehension and/or written skills to enable successful completion of the program.