Estimated Book Costs: $1,000
Health Care Fundamentals, Medical Terminology, Computer and Software Skills
Be a vital part of medical practice and ensure patients get the care they need. This program focuses on practical skills and knowledge in health care fundamentals, medical terminology, and current computer and software skills. You’ll gain the skills needed to manage the flow of electronic and paper-based information in a medical office setting. Our graduates have excellent job prospects, and our employment rates are consistently high. Graduates of this program can work in a variety of settings including such as long-term care facilities, hospitals, medical clinics, dental offices, insurance companies and more.
Job Opportunities Include
- Medical Receptionist
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Scheduler
- Medical Coordinator
- Medical Office Assistant
- Clinic Coordinator/Manager
- Hospital Admitting Clerk
- Medical Billing Clerk
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Alberta High School Diploma or equivalent
Alberta Mature Admission:
- The student must be 18 years of age; must complete an academic achievement test i.e.. Wonderlic with a score of 20 at minimum.
- All students must complete a successful interview with the College Program Chair or Administrative Manager.
- If ESL, the student must meet CLB level 6.0 or IELTS equivalent.
- Candidates must produce evidence of English ability or complete the Wonderlic Basic Skills Test (WBST) with a minimum of 60 % in each of the verbal and quantitative skills.
- International students must supply transcripts that are equivalent to the standard admission requirements or complete the WBST.
B.C. Mature Admission
- The student has graduated from grade 12 or equivalent (B.C. high school diploma, B.C. Adult Graduation Diploma, General Educational Development) or an equivalent secondary school completion from another jurisdiction.
- The student is 19 years of age or older before the start of classes and has demonstrated evidence at the appropriate level of literacy, numeracy, comprehension and/or written skills to enable successful completion of the program.